Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Invitation

I have spent many years serving in the Primary mostly as the pianist.  There are many great songs that the primary children sing; teaching Gospel Principles that each of us need to be reminded of from time to time.  One of the songs in the Children's Song Book is called:  "If With All Your Hearts":

If with all your hearts ye truly seek me,
Ye shall ever surely find me,
Thus saith our God.
Ye shall ever surely find me,
Thus saith our God.

The Doctrine and Covenants has the same precious words given to us:

 aDraw bnear unto me and I will draw near unto you; cseek me diligently and ye shall dfind me; ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

D&C 88:63

This promise isn't new.  The Lord made this promise through prophets of old:

Seek the Lord, and his strength: seek his face evermore.

Psalm 105:4

 And ye shall aseek me, and find me, when ye shall bsearch for me with all your cheart.

Jeremiah 29:13

This is an invitation for you to take a journey to come to know and recognize more clearly the hand of the Lord in your life.    This is an invitation to participate in moments and experiences that will being your closer to Christ.  Take this journey with me.  There will be daily scripture study and reminders for daily personal prayer.  These are two important practices in developing a testimony of Jesus Christ.  We can learn much about the Savior as we ready of His life and teachings in the scriptures.  We can draw closer to Him through prayer.  To make these daily moments more meaningful, there will be questions which will allow you to assess your own personal journey to know the Lord.

This is your journey, your treasure, and your celebration.  Because it is an invitation, you can do with it whatever you like.

If you begin this process with a humble heart, seeking for a stronger testimony, and come with a desire to truly find the Lord, I believe the Spirit will guide you in the direction you need to travel to find yourself closer to Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment